Finding a present for Fatherís Day can be daunting, to be put
it off until the very last minute and then go shopping to grab the first thing
you see! Not very scientific, but it sometimes works!
Yet the essence of great gift giving is to link something you know about a person to a relevant
The following may help to inspire.
- What is the family link?
Is this for a father, grandad, or father-in-law?
- Does he have any specific hobbies or interests?
- Age does make a difference, you may be able to gift
something more unusual to a younger person and a more traditional gift to
- Is there a place that is important to him, such as a holiday destination in the UK, or somewhere overseas he lived
for a while.
- For a dad of younger children does he like to do things with
his children, taking time to sit down with them to join in with their games,
creative activities or learning?
- Is there a hobby he wished he had started earlier in his
life, but never got round to starting or getting involved? Maybe he wished he
could sing in a choir or go fishing, learn to juggle or race a car.
How can we help at Activity Chest? Some of our Dad-suitable presents are right here for delivery by the weekend.
Happy Fatherís Day!